Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 4



Today we tried to say goodbye to four. Ella will be five tomorrow and so today we said farewell to four. We had a good day but it is slightly painful to realize that Ella is done with those baby years. Five definitely starts childhood rather than babyhood, I guess you could say. How did we get here so fast? (By the way I know that I am pathetic, so you don't have to tell me.) Luckily she is like 30 pounds, so sometimes I can just pretend like she is still three.









So on another note, last night Jarrod stubbed his toe on a brick in the dark. It was a pretty good stub and so there was blood and all of that. Well this morning when Halle saw it she said "What happened Daddy?" Jarrod told her that he hurt it when he kicked something. To which Halle responded "What did you kick Daddy? Momma?" Anyway this was hilarious to me because of course he never kicks me and so it just seemed hilarious to me that Halle thought that perhaps he had hurt himself kicking me! That kid man she cracks us up.


Okay so one more side note. We ate frozen yogurt for dinner tonight (what don't judge me). That is what that gooey nastiness is. Anyway, so somehow it was spilled. The reason I took a picture of this nastiness is because I feel like my whole life is spills! No I am not being dramatic! Every time that I sit down to eat or relax something is spilled. Today it was Craisins, bubbles, frozen yogurt, goldfish, Halle's whole cereal bowl. Seriously just listing this makes me think what is wrong with my children?! Can anyone else relate to this problem or am I doing something wrong?

2 comments:

heidi said...

nope, it's not just you! I am right there with ya, friend!

P.S. Happy Birthday Ella:) Woohoo for five... boohoo for Momma.

Thanks for keeping up with your blog... it's so fun to stay connected with your family and to read your funny commentary!

p.s. my blog has changed... so I will email you the new link if you want it! Happy Sunday!

Lisa said...

okay, if your life is spills, mine is poop. everytime we sit down to eat, someone poops, everytime i sit down to nurse silas, someone needs to poop. we get in the car to go somewhere...someone has to poop! you get the picture...i'd rather deal with spills!