Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rolley Polley

So honestly I am going to make this quick because although summer is fun and all I am exhausted! Anyway today we went for a long walk and stopped at the park and had a little bug hunt. Both Bryce and Ella found rolley polleys and brought them home. Well when we got home they wanted to build the bugs a playground. I gave them some cardboard and tape and it went from a playground to a rolley polley house. They spent hours today working on this rolley polley house. As you can see it is quite colorful and it has a nice grassy yard.
On the inside there is a tunnel and a rug and wall hangings. There are also some windows and a flat screen TV.

On the other side of the house there is a bunk bed complete with pillows and a ladder. So all of this for the rolley pollies and guess what...somehow the rolley pollies escaped. Can you believe it? The greatest, most luxurious digs a rolley polley could ever ask for and it just takes off like that! So disappointing, especially for the five year old involved. So I guess tomorrow we are going for another bug hunt.


2 comments:

countrygirl said...

That is so adorable and cute. You are a brqve mom going on bug hunts :-)

Ashley Elizabeth said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BLOGGING AGAIN! WE MISSED YOU!
YOU ARE A GOOD MOM TO LET THE KIDS PLAY WITH BUGS! I HATE BUGS, I WAS SO GRATEFUL THAT ETHAN WAS NEVER INTO THEM. BUT HAYDEN LOVES LADY BUGS AND HAD TO MAKE A HOME FOR THEM TOO!
I LOVE THE RUTH STORY, SO SWEET, I CRIED TOO, AND HE IS NOT EVEN MY KID! WE CAN BE SAPS TOGETHER!