Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Muck

Okay, I found this great pumpkin carving lesson on a website, I think it is called TheHeartof theMatter, but anyway I love that it has all of the verses with each point. It is probably to late for most of you because we are probably the only ones to pick the day before Halloween to carve pumpkins, but I thought I would share it anyway in case anyone was interested. Also something I saw that I want to get for next year (because it is too late for this year) is a kids book called The Parable of the Pumpkin by Liz Curtis Higgs. Anyway just thought I would share what I had found.

~HOW GOD CARVES A PUMPKIN~
Create a pumpkin. Make it big, little, short, tall fat or skinny. No matter which, it will be a WONDERFUL pumpkin.
“Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” Isaiah 66:2
Harvest the pumpkin when it’s fully ready.
“Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
Hold the pumpkin gently as you cleanse the dirt outside, washing all the dirt away.
“Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sin.” Acts 22:16
Make an opening at the top, Search into the dark cavity for anything that needs to be removed.
“I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind to reward according to conduct and deeds. Jeremiah” 17:10
Remove all the stringy pulp and slime, and clean out the entire cavity.
“Create in me a pure heart, O God.” Psalm 51:10
Give that pumpkin a big set of eyes so that he may see all the good around him.
“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.” Luke 10:23
Carve a nice nose so that he can take in the wonderful scents of the world.
“Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart.” Proverbs 27:9
Carve a great big SMILE so that he can bring JOY to anyone who sees him.
“A cheerful look brings joy to the heart of others.” Proverbs 15:30
Make the pumpkin glow all over with a little white light inside.
“God said, “let light shine out of the darkness,” and made His light shine in our hearts.” 2Corinthians 4:6
Rejoice in the “NEW” pumpkin that has been created and given new life.
“Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, “Rejoice with me, I have found my lost sheep.” Luke 15:6
Place the pumpkin in the perfect spot so that the light will guide others.
“Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise the Father in Heaven.” Matthew 5:16

1 comment:

Heather Fretz said...

That is perfect! I searched for a half an hour the night we carved pumpkins for that very same thing and couldn't find something that nice. Thanks for sharing!