Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I am so not okay with it! I am not ready for it. I want to keep them with me. I want to protect them from the world. I want to cuddle with them for three hours in the morning if I want to. Ugghhh! Why does time go so quickly. I am not ready to have a second grader and a kindergartner. Not to mention that my baby is going to turn 3 in 2 days. I remember when they were just squishy sweet smelling babies. I WANT A SQUISHY SWEET SMELLING BABY! Ugghhhh! Tomorrow I am supposed to bravely march my kids down the street and leave them there. LEAVE THEM THERE PEOPLE! I want them to be squishy and rock them all day long instead because that would mean that I still had their whole little lives ahead of me.

Bryce is nervous and therefore I am so nervous for him. I am more nervous than if it was me going to school tomorrow. He is nervous about making new friends and meeting a new teacher. I wish my baby never had to be nervous. Pray for him with me tomorrow. He told me tonight that he might have diarrhea tomorrow because he is nervous. At least I have been warned right.

Ella is so excited. She can't wait to go and meet new friends and show off her skills. She makes new friends so easily. She was explaining that to me tonight, naming off examples of past friends that she made quickly. And therefore I am so excited for her. She got afternoon kinder and so I am super excited for the quiet afternoons. Also that schedule gives me a little bit of time with each of them when at least one or both siblings is gone. A little one on one is always good for everyone.

Halle is so excited for her birthday and talks about it whenever the other two talk about school. I am excited for her too. I can't wait to give her a special day.

Today we celebrated the last day of summer by going to the beach. What better way to celebrate summer right?! A fun time was had by all. I want to remember the girls screaming and running from the waves. And I want to remember Bryce boogie boarding in the small close to shore surf. I want to remember their cute little bodies covered in sand. I want to remember Mason standing on shore with Jarrod's boogie board with the leash on watching Fycey (Brycey in Mason talk) with such adoration and yearning to be out there in the water with him.

So tomorrow I will take them. Pray for me people. Pray hard! I don't want to be the only mom balling her eyes out, while her second grader has a diarrhea problem, while her kindergartner tries to make a mad dash to join the morning kinders (because she doesn't want to wait till 11:45 to start school), all the while trying to steal some ones squishy sweet smelling baby. I told you people-pray hard!

1 comment:

Heather Fretz said...

this is so cute!
I didn't know you wrote this...
I love it.