Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sew What?

Okay this is going to sound crazy but I have been learning to sew. (I know in all my spare time right.) I decided that since I could barely sew a button back on or sew a straight hem, that maybe it was time for me to take my skills to the next level. In short I was starting to be embarrassed about giving my mom all of my mending. And not to mention the fact that there is becoming more and more mending with all of these children around here. So I decided to take on a sewing project and have my mom help me so that I could learn what I was doing. And I discovered that it is quite fun. So first I made the girls Easter dresses because it was almost Easter and it seemed like an appropriate choice.



So there they are: my first attempt at making my kids clothes.
Then I saw these dresses that I liked at a cute store but they were $89 dollars each. Let us just take a moment to laugh at buying kids $90 dresses. I mean really how long would it take these two crazy kids to destroy them. I might as well flush $200 down the toilet. So anyways I thought I bet I could make those. So I did. (With a little help from my mom again.) And guess what they cost me about $12 each. Anyway I think they turned out fun.

By the way this really isn't to toot my own horn. It is really just to document that I actually sewed. But feel free to toot my horn if you like.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

toot toot! i love sewing too and i especially love making things for the girls. i'm the same way with their clothes, i see all those cute boutique dresses, then go out and make my own:)

Paul and Julie said...

I am so impressed that I am definitely tooting your horn! you go girl..that is awesome...i would love to do that, but it really seems so hard...we'll have to talk about this!

Mama Devan said...

They are so good Cara....Thats awesome I love to sew but not clothes they seem too hard I make more quilts you know things that are square....

Heather Fretz said...

I just saw this post... so great! I didn't know you finished the other dresses for the girls.. I want to see them! Great job!

Unknown said...

I am tooting your horn, Cara. Great job!