Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You Guys...

Today was a rough day. I slammed four of my fingers in the garage door. You know like in between the rows of panels. Yeah it hurt let me tell you. Then I took my kids to In n Out to try to brighten their day with a milk shake. (We have kind of been stuck in the house a lot with sickness.) As I sat there in the booth I could totally feel everyone notice me and look at me like I was crazy for coming with all of my kids. So after we had that experience, that involved Halle pulling napkins out of the napkin holder and Bryce wheeling around the place on his Heelys and Ella taking the lid off of her shake and spilling it down the front of her, I realized that we were totally late for kindergarten. So then I was trying to get the kids into the car alive without being run over and in my effort to that end I piled a bunch of stuff on top of my car, my diet coke, Halle's pacifier, my sunglasses, and I think a couple more things. And then after I spent 5 minutes trying to get Halle to comply and sit in her car seat, you guessed it, I started driving with all that stuff on top of my car. I mean really who does that? Really who does that? Thank the Lord one of the guys that had been watching my like I was some form of entertainment inside In n Out stopped me and told me that all of that stuff was on top of my car. I mean really who does that? Then of course we were late to school. Then I got home and spilled my diet coke all over the kitchen table. The one thing that was going to brighten my day, gone. To which I cried! Cried! Who does that?
Usually life is not this hard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully "The sun will come out tomorrow..." I find myself humming this song often. :)

Paul and Julie said...

That's HYSTERICAL!!!! I laughed hard out loud...oh Cara...I do that...i totally do. My favorite is to drive away with a dirty diaper on the bumper...only to see it's still there when we get home..

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Unfortunatly I think we all do that! It has to happen every once in while to appreciate the good days. Right? Are your fingers okay? Mine are throbbing just thinking about it! Ouch!